Programs of Study - Accreditation and Recognition
Accreditation and Recognition
Frederick University operates according to the relevant Law for Private Universities of the Republic of Cyprus. Its operations, including the programs of study it offers, are evaluated and accredited by the Evaluation Committee for Private Universities (ECPU) which is assigned by the government.
In January 2012, as per the decision of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cyprus, Frederick University has been granted a permanent license of operation, after the evaluation of ECPU of its progress and development during the period of initial license (2007-2011).
All Programs of Study at Frederick University are fully recognized by the Republic of Cyprus and thus by all European Union countries. By extension, Frederick University degrees bear the highest level of recognition globally, ensuring that the degrees awarded have the appropriate merit internationally.
It is worth noting, Frederick University has been recognized by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition and Information Center (Hellenic NARIC - ΔΟΑΤΑΠ) as equivalent to the Greek higher education in the university sector.
Diploma Supplement Label
As recognition of its excellence in the implementation of the Diploma Supplement guidelines, Frederick University has been granted in the academic year 2011-12 the Diploma Supplement Label by the European Commission.
Importantly, Frederick University enjoys excellent relations with national and international professional bodies, with its degrees bearing the relevant recognition that allows its holders to pursue a successful professional career. Some example of professional bodies include:
- The Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK), which has recognized all programs relevant to its operations, thus allowing Frederick graduates to register as its members
- The European Council of Architects, which has recognized the Diploma in Architecture
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Cyprus, that enables graduates of the BSc in Nursing to register as its members
- The Cyprus Association of Social Workers, that enables graduates of the BA in Social Work to register as its members
- The Education Service Committee of the Ministry of Education and Culture that allows Frederick graduates to register to the employment lists for teachers
- The Association of International Accountants (AIA) and the Association of Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA) that allow graduates from the School of Economic Science and Administration to be exempted from a large number of their professional examinations.
Specifics of the above, as well as other, professional links are provided in the description of individual programs of study