Department of Maritime Transport and Commerce
The aim of the department is to meet the skill and qualification needs of the maritime and associated industries. Through its up to date and focused programmes of studies it aims to cover both the theoretical and applied professional needs of its graduates as their careers progress in the maritime industry.
Key Advantage Points
- Employability Rate! 96% of graduates with FT employment
- Tradition! The 1st accredited Maritime Academic Programmes introduced in Cyprus
- Expertise! Esteemed faculty of experts with international recognition
- Recognition! Awarded with the maximum number of exams ICS exemptions (the highest number of course examination exemptions awarded by the Institute of Chartered Ship Brokers, UK (ICS) in 2018!). Furthermore, the DMTC was a shortlisted Nominee for the Safety4Sea Training award 2018.
- Continuous Learning! Professional subsidised training programmes and Professional Seminars in Collaboration with DNV GL (the world's leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry)
- CyMarTa (Cyprus Marine Technology Academy)! First Cypriots Marine Engineers graduated from a Cypriot academy - our academy. In collaboration with Flow Water Technologies Ltd, which is one of the few dedicated Ballast Water Management Engineering firms in the world.
- Strong Shipping Network! Collaboration with an array of local business and shipping organisations leading to esteem funded projects and numerous student work placements in the maritime industry. In addition to the organisations mentioned above (ICS, DNV GL, Flow Water Technologies, Fameline Holding Group) the department has collaborated with the Jade University (Germany), Galati University (Romania), Riga University (Latvia) and more.