|Course Unit Title||DISSERTATION II|
|Course Unit Code||ESPLE616|
|Course Unit Details||MEd Curriculum Development and Instruction (Department Electives) - MA Educational Sciences: Dynamic Learning Environments (Department Electives) - |
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||10|
|Learning Outcomes of the course unit||By the end of the course, the students should be able to:|
- Carry out investigation in the forefront of knowledge in the area related to topic of the student’s Thesis.
- Critically comment on the results of a research work and relate to other published research and scientific work.
- Demonstrate competency in the methodologies needed for a successful research project implementation.
- Formulate appropriate assessment criteria, and evaluate the outcome of a research project.
- Draw conclusions on the investigations of a research project, and propose areas for improvements and future developments.
- Produced a structured written report on the work of a Master’s level research project.
- Employ a variety of tools and media to present the work of a Master’s level research project.
- Defend orally the implementation and evaluation methodologies employed, as well as the outcomes of a Master’s level research project.
|Mode of Delivery||Face-to-face|
|Recommended optional program components||NONE|
This is the second of two courses that constitute the Masters Thesis, which is a research oriented work at the forefront of knowledge within the specialization of the student. A student registered in this course is expected to implement the objectives of the Thesis, using the methodology proposed in the ESPLE901 course, according to the approved planning.
|Recommended and/or required reading:|
- No specific book is assigned. Students are expected to consult a variety of information sources, including textbooks, manuals, scientific and research papers
|Planned learning activities and teaching methods|
The Student is expected to use appropriate analytical, modelling and experimental methodologies for the implementation of the objectives of the Master’s project approved by the student’s Assessment Committee in the ESPLE901 course.
The Student is expected to meet regularly with his Thesis Advisor to ensure that the set objectives, methodologies and planning are met.At the end of the semester, the student must submit a Master’s Thesis report, and defend it orally.
|Assessment methods and criteria|
|Literature review of existing knowledge||15%|
|Design methodology / implementation||15%|
|AssignmentsPresentation and discussion of results ||15%|
|Overall quality of the Project report||20%|
|Language of instruction||Greek|