BSc in Computer Engineering
|BSc in Computer Engineering|
Level Of Qualification
|Bachelor (1st Cycle Degree)|
|Department of Computer Engineering and Science|
Mode of Study
|Full Time or Part Time|
The Program focuses on computer systems with integrated understanding of computer hardware and software, and on the use of computers to control processes in the real world. The Program constitutes a balance between the academic and the practical directions. It prepares its graduates for direct employment as computer engineers and lays the foundation for graduate studies in the field of computer engineering.
The language of instruction is English.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Apply appropriate mathematical, science and engineering methods and use computer software to solve computer engineering related problems.
- Use state-of-the-art Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software and hardware tools, as well as laboratory equipment to design, test and evaluate digital systems.
- Design, program, develop and evaluate computing systems as well as automation systems based on microprocessors, microcontrollers and embedded systems to meet defined and specified requirements.
- Design, implement and maintain reliable and secure computer networks to satisfy the needs of an organization.
- Use of analytical methods and modelling techniques to evaluate computing systems and components in terms of general quality attributes and possible trade-offs presented within the given problem.
- Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of existing and emerging technologies in the field of information and communication technologies.
- Demonstrate awareness on the forefront of knowledge in the field of computer engineering and on the emerging information and communication technologies.
- Retrieve and analyze information from different sources, including information retrieval through databases and on-line computer searches.
- Demonstrate competency in oral and written communication skills, as well as in the use of relevant computing technologies and tools.
Occupational Profiles of the Graduates
The graduates of the Program have the knowledge and skills required for the design, implementation, and administration of computing systems. They fulfil the requirements for employment in the public or private sectors as information and communication technologies (ICT) engineers, hardware support engineers, network designers/administrators. They can also be employed in the industry in areas related to automation systems.
The graduates of the Program can also be employed as educators in public or private secondary schools.
The graduates of the program are eligible to register to the Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK).