BEd in Primary Education
MA in Educational Administration and Leadership
BEd in Primary Education
Level Of Qualification
Bachelor of Education ( Teachers’ Diploma)
|Department of Education|
Mode of Study
The 4-year program focuses on essential academic, pedagogical, and methodological background, as well as developing desirable skills and attitudes to practice the profession of educator in a continuously changing and evolving world.
The Program constitutes a balance between the academic and the practical directions. It prepares its graduates for direct employment as educators in Primary education and lays the foundation for graduate studies in the field of Education.
The language of instruction is Greek.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand and apply the basic principles and practices of pedagogical science.
- Be able to design and implement the appropriate learning environments in order to promote effective learning for all pupils.
- Be able to apply differentiation in designing and delivering lessons according to pupils’ academic level, learning needs and interests.
- Design and apply the appropriate formal and informal evaluation procedures and use evaluation results in lesson planning.
- Understand and be able to use multiple methods and modes of instruction in order to improve students’ written and oral proficiency and enhance students’ problem solving capacities.
- Be able to continually self-evaluate their decisions about learning, instruction and evaluation and continually be on the lookout for professional development opportunities.
- Internalize feelings of moral obligation towards pupils and society with regard to providing quality learning opportunities in schools.
- Be able to cultivate and sustain productive relationships with colleagues and community members in order to better support everyday learning and instruction
- Appreciate and respect differentiation and multiculturalism in society and education.
- Be able to effectively incorporate technology in designing effective learning experiences for pupils.
Occupational Profiles of the Graduates
The graduates of the program possess all the necessary knowledge and skills required for the design and delivery of effective instruction to different student profiles.
The graduates also fulfill all necessary governmental requirements for employment in public primary education schools.
The graduates of the Program can also be employed as educators in private primary schools.